This is it! My last (minute) gift guide for 2013. Every man, woman, and child will want these things. Ok maybe not children but what do they know anyway?
Are you ready to be inspired? I’m a really good gift giver so you should trust me. Today’s gift guide is all about <Oprah voice> CLEVER GIFTS FOR CLEVER PEOPLE!!!!!</Oprah voice>
1. GFDA Mug and Espresso Blend – The good people at Good Fucking Design Advice give good advice. Share that good advice with the ones you love. Maybe they need to remember to believe in them-fucking-selves while they drink their delicious and very bold fucking espresso roast. Sometimes nothing gets the message across better than the using F word. You all know it. By the way, all the GFDA merch is proudly designed and made in the USFA.
2. Toiletries from Izola – I LOVE Izola. They make really good quality, masculine products with a vintage utilitarian style. This is where you need to get those last minute practical gifts for your man. They have everything from toiletries to accessories. We really like this apothecary soap set and the brass comb makes an awesome stocking stuffer, but it’s ALL good stuff over at Izola.
3. The Zombie Tarot – I have a thing for tarot sets and this is one of the coolest I’ve seen. The cards have amazing vintage style zombie themed art and the accompanying instruction book has silly but fitting descriptions of each card’s meaning. Also in the booklet you’ll fine fake 1950s ads for weapons and anti-zombie products. Perfect for your creepy, zombie loving friends and family.
4. bkr Water Bottle – bkr water bottles are the trendiest reusable glass water bottles on earth right now. With their modern look and adorable colors, they’re almost like a fashion accessory. Each glass bottle is covered in a colorful silicone sleeve that provides great grip and protects the glass. You can pick from over 20 different adorable colors to suit your style. The bottle has a one inch opening for no-spill sipping and they’re BPA-free and phthalate free. A portion of all proceeds goes to clean water and cancer foundations.
5. The Mobile Foodie Survival Kit – This stackable spice stick is brought to us from the fine people at PLANT. This is a smart gift for that food snob friend (or husband…) who’s always like “This could use some more oregano. This needs a dash more of salt. I would really like to see how dill would affect this.”. The stackable pots of seasonings can be mixed and matched to your own preference and easily thrown in a bag for on the go food snobbery. Each set includes 13 pocket-size pots of organic herbs and spices—including basil, cayenne, curry, dill, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, oregano, thyme, onion, sea salt, black pepper, and rosemary. You smell the quality as soon as you open the package. This is also a socially responsible company you can feel good about purchasing from. Try their toiletries too!
6. The Travel HoodiePillow – It’s exactly what it sounds like. It’s a travel pillow WITH A HOOD. Nothing makes me happier than this pillow. If you’re as socially awkward on airplanes as I am, then this is the thing for you. I would always made sure to wear a hoodie during flights so I could hide in my own little cottony cocoon but then my neck pillow wouldn’t stay on because of the hood being in the way and then I’d get hot and UGH. Now I have my hood and pillow together in one harmonious nap accessory. It comes in 5 colors of sweat shirt material and is genius.
7. quotable Scented Candle – quotable cards is a shop for the word lover. Their accessories all have inspirational quotes that are meant to motivate and inspire. This candle says “ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE” (because it’s true), it’s 100% palm wax, a 40 hour burn time, and has a wild currant scent.
8. The Powercup – The Powercup is awesome and so very clever. It fits right in your cup holder and can power almost anything. It has 1 usb port for charging cellphones and the sort, but it also has 2 regular sockets so you can power up anything you want. Flat irons, laptops, your coffee maker, whatever! It’s great for road trips!
That’s it for 2013’s gift guides! I hope you choose to support small and local businesses this year. Also, if you feel like being less of an asshole this holiday season, please give whatever time and money you can to charities and foundations that give back to people, animals, and our communities.